ANFASA Bursary Grant Scheme, Application Form, Requirements, Eligibility and Guidelines for this opportunity are available below.
- Bursary Closing Date: 30 September annually
- Bursary Provider: ANFASA (Academic Non-Fiction Authors’ Association of South Africa)
- Bursary Location: South Africa
The ANFASA invites Applications from suitably qualified applicants for the ANFASA Bursary Grant Scheme Programme. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
ANFASA Bursary Grant Scheme
ANFASA (Academic Non-Fiction Authors’ Association of South Africa) was launched in 2004 with the goal of providing a voice for the concerns and interests of academic and non-fiction authors
ANFASA’s main aim is to uplift South African academic and non-fiction authors by drawing attention to their works and ensuring protection of their rights across the book value chain.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The ANFASA Grant Scheme for Authors (AGSA) is a grant for student authors who are currently researching or writing pieces. The grant value is between R20 000 and R25 000 and can be used by the author to travel for research purposes or take leave from employment to work on their manuscript.
As this is the 10th year of the bursary scheme, ANFASA is awarding an additional R20 000 towards the cost of publication.
Successful applicants are to be announced in November.
ELIGIBILITY for ANFASA Bursary Grant Scheme
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Author currently working on a non-fiction piece (general or scholarly) who would like to publish the work in book format
- ANFASA member (if you are not a member, you can join by visiting http://www.anfasa.org.za/membership/ and submitting the membership form with your application form)
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the ANFASA Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, please request the latest application form by emailing [email protected].
Complete application forms (signed) must be emailed to [email protected]
30 September annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 712 8008
Email: [email protected]