Association for Educational Transformation ASSET Bursary, Application Form, Requirements, Eligibility and Guidelines for this opportunity are available below.
The Association for Educational Transformation (ASSET) was founded in January 2003 after it split from the SAIRR (South African Institute of Race Relations). The non-profit organisation is situated in the Western Cape and their mission it is to give opportunities to disadvantaged students. As a way of giving back to the disadvantaged community, they have a bursary programme to allow students to pursue their studies who lack the funds to pay for their tuition.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The successful applicant can study at any University or University of Technology in the Western Cape. Please note that the bursary redeemable at any private institutions or FET Colleges.
Please note that the bursary award varies and will cover a portion of the tuition, registration and textbook fees. The bursary will be paid directly to the University that the applicant is enrolled in
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Residing in the Western Cape,
- Matric student intending on studying for a higher certificate/ diploma/ degree,
- Meet the entry requirements for their chosen faculty.
The bursary will be awarded based on academic results and financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the ASSET Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The complete application form and all supporting documents must be posted/ hand delivered to:
Association for Educational Transformation
5 Long Street
(PS: faxed & emailed application forms will not be accepted)
Applicants must enclose the following documents (certified copies only).
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate or latest results from school or tertiary institution (if finals not available)
- Documentary evidence from all income earners in your home (see Section B of the application form)
* You should submit a certified copy of final results as soon as they are available.
* Please write neat and legibly when completing your application form. Only the successful applicant will be notified at the end of February.
30 September annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 685 1025
Email: [email protected]