GE Internship Programme 2018 | Apply for the GE Engineering Graduate Internship Opportunity, requirement and details below.
- Closing Date: Not Specified.
- Location: Johannesburg.
ge.com Internship: Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2017/2018 GE Engineering Graduate Internship Programme. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) at GE Power develops sales and commercial leaders through challenging rotational assignments and a rigorous training curriculum. CLP prepares its members for off-program placement in challenging commercial roles by providing the opportunity to learn about GE Power’s products and customers, while also making significant contributions to the business.
- A two-year program providing on the job experience with four six-month rotations within the commercial functions of GE Power
- Exposure to different businesses, products, and leaders
- World-class training in sales, leadership, and business skills. Program participants strengthen their commercial, business, and leadership skills by completing an intensive curriculum of classroom, hands-on, and online trainingProgram Benefits:
- World-class CLP Program
- Personalized rotation planning with challenging assignments
- Formal mentoring and coaching by senior management
- Rich networking with diverse group of CLPs around the world
- Business depth within commercial functions of GE Power
- Preparation of contract documentation (sales contracts, specs, technical specs)Program Content: Throughout the two years duration of the program, the assignments will vary depending on business requirements and the off-program role objectives. However, the CLP can expect the following responsibilities at one point or another of the program:
- Development of competitive proposals and strategies, including risk mitigation and compliance, to support the Sales team in the region
- Understand local market dynamics
- Identification and management of commercial risks across the project scope
- Responsible for contract management, proposal development, risk and mitigation management
- Personal world-class training – online, hands-on, and in the Classroom
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant science degree, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Power Systems, or Industrial Engineering
- Prior intern or co-op experience, or relevant work experience (0-3 years) preferably in sales, sales support or marketing in the Energy industry
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Academic excellence; minimum 3.0 cumulative overall GPA or better (out of 4.0)
- Demonstrated interest in sales and the energy industry
- Geographic mobility
– Relevant work permit or work authorization required
- GE is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
How To Apply for GE Internship