Mangosuthu University Of Technology, MUT admission form, requirements and guidelines for the 2017/2018 academic session.
- Application Deadline: 31 October 2017.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to the Mangosuthu University Of Technology (MUT) admission into various undergraduate programmes in the institution for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Mangosuthu University Of Technology (MUT) encourage prospective students to apply online through the Central Application Office, or CAO.
Each faculty stipulates admission requirements based on points aggregate calculated from the best five subjects presented by the prospective student. Over and above the points system, some departments administer a compulsory entrance test. Not all applicants who meet the minimum requirements can be accepted due to limited space. The selection process prioritises the best-qualified applicants and those who selected MUT as their first or second choice.
Minimum Entrance Requirements
- National Senior Certificate with a diploma pass or N3 with 50% pass in Mathematics and English
- A minimum of 5 subjects with level 4 pass for diploma study and level 3 for Access Courses
- English Home Language or First Additional language, level 4 pass
- Specific subject combination and pass level relevant to the qualification
- Minimum points as per faculty requirement and as listed on the CAO handbook
Point calculation matrix
National Senior Certificate:
NSC LEVEL RATING
90 – 100
80 – 89
70 – 79
60 – 69
50 – 59
40 – 49
|Symbol||Higher Grade||Standard Grade|
- National Senior Certificate or Statement of Results
- Senior Certificate
- Identity Document
- Students transferring from other universities should submit an original academic record and a certificate of good conductNON-SOUTH AFRICAN APPLICANTS
- A valid study permit
- A valid medical aid/health insurance cover
- A valid passport
- GCE, GCSE, IGCSE or Cambridge School Certificate
- Students holding a GCE GCSE IGCSE or the Cambridge School Certificate must have passed five approved ordinary level subjects including the English language provided three subjects have been passed at the same examination sitting.
How to apply to MUT Admission Form
All first-year applications are submitted through the Central Applications Office (CAO). This is a simplified way of applying for more than one programme, using one application form, and paying a single application fee. Use your unique CAO number as a reference when paying the application fee. We advise prospective students to choose MUT as a first choice.
Application forms can be downloaded from the CAO website, www.cao.ac.za. You may also apply online by going to www.cao.ac.za, click on the apply tab, then click on apply now, and follow the easy application process. The CAO number appears in tear-off slip on the CAO application form.
Checking the progress of your application
Important closing dates:
Faculty of Engineering – first semester applications – 30 September
Faculty of Engineering – second-semester applications – 31 May
Faculty of Natural Sciences – 30 September
Analytical Chemistry – second-semester applications – 31 May
Faculty of Management Sciences – 30 September