Newcastle University International Scholarships Application Form and details for the 2017/2018 academic year.
The Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship (NUIPS) awards are available for international students starting their studies in September 2017, in the 2017/2018 academic year.
About the NU Scholarship
Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship (NUIPS): Newcastle University offers partial scholarship awards to encourage well-qualified graduates assessed as international for fees purposes to undertake taught postgraduate and undergraduate study.
Each award is worth £3,000 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account. Research postgraduates and fully funded taught postgraduates are not eligible to receive these awards. Enquiries regarding these scholarships should be sent to: scholarship.applications[at]newcastle.ac.uk
Type: Postgraduate and Undergraduate taught degree
Eligible Countries: International
Start date and duration: September 2017 for one year of study.
To be taken at (country): Newcastle University, UK
Application Deadlines: 5th May 2017 and 31st July 2017.
Scholarship Provider: Newcastle University UK
Number of Scholarships: 255
Value of Scholarship: £3,000 payable towards tuition fees
Fields of Study:
- Undergraduate – All undergraduate degrees including integrated Masters
- Masters – MA; MArch; MBA; MClinDent; MClinRes; MEd; MFA; MMedEd; LLM; LLM (by research); MLitt; MMus; MPH; MRes; MSc
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants can only apply and be considered for a Vice-Chancellor’s International scholarship after they have been offered a place to study on their chosen degree course and have been assessed as international for fees purposes. They must also be:
- registered at Newcastle University for the 2017/18 academic year.
- registered for one of the following eligible courses above
- wholly or partially self-financing
- defined as ‘international’ for fee purposes
- registered to study at Newcastle University city centre campus
- students new to the University and not those transferring or repeating courses.
Applicants should note that the following students are not eligible to receive Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships:
- UK or EU students assessed as ‘home’ for fee purposes.
- MPhil, doctoral (eg,PhD, Integrated PhD, EngD, DClinPych), Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Newcastle University intercalating students or placement, study abroad or exchange students. MSc Hydroinfomatics and Water Management (Euro Aquae) students are not eligible for this award.
- holders of fully-funded scholarships (full payment of fees and living expenses) such as Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships or other fully sponsored awards.
- students in receipt of India Great Scholarships or Santander Scholarships
- pathway students progressing to the University from INTO Newcastle
- current students, registered in 2016/17 or earlier, who have already commenced Undergraduate or Masters’ studies at the time of award: awards cannot be made retrospectively
- applicants initially assessed as international for fee purposes but whose fees change to ‘home’.
For more information about the scheme, please see our Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships 2017 (MS Word 22.5KB).
How to Apply for Newcastle University International Scholarship
How to Apply: Academic offer holders on an eligible course who have been assessed as international for fees purposes will be invited to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship. Details of how to apply will be emailed within 10 working days of an academic offer being made.