Petra Diamonds is offering Engineering Bursaries for 2017/2018 in Kimberley Ekapa Mining (KEM-JV). Kimberley Ekapa Mining is a regional and broad-based empowered local company and is proud to be part of the more recent history of diamond extraction in Kimberley. It’s a polished diamond we’re after for this role – an individual that clearly outshines his/her peers. KEM-JV is a joint venture between Ekapa Minerals (Pty) Ltd, Super Stone Mining (Pty) Ltd and Crown Resources (Pty) Ltd (Petra Diamonds) and is situated in the City of Kimberley in the Northern Cape.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 23 October 2017
Bursary Provider: Petra Diamonds
Bursary Location: Kimberly
Field of Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Applicants must be a South African citizen
- Applicants must have registered and been accepted to a University or University of Technology to study in the above fields
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum of 6 for Mathematics and Science for mid-year examinations (not Maths Literacy)
- Applicants who are currently studying at a University or a University of Technology should produce good results
- Please attach your results with your application and acceptance correspondence from the University
- Full tuition fees
- Full residence and meals (or equivalent allowance)
- Annual cash and travel allowance
- Life skills training (if applicable)
- Compulsory practical vacation employment during December and January at various Petra Diamonds Operations.
Please note: Preference will be given to children of permanent employees, children on Company scholarship programmes as well as individuals from local communities who are citizens of the Republic of South Africa. Candidates must reside in the labour sending area of Frances Baard Municipality. Please send proof of residence.
Kimberley Ekapa Mining JV is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to appoint. Preference will be given to EE applicants. Pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirements and selection process. Short-listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview.
How to apply
Please send your CV and bursary application form, with copies of qualifications, ID and proof of residence to [email protected] or drop the application at Joint Shaft, Wesselton or CTP security offices for attention: Geneè Simon.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.